Moles are medically known as nevi and they are basically a cluster of pigmented cells that are seen on the skin as black or brown spots. There are different types of moles. While most of the time the moles are harmless, there are a few which could be cosmetically unappealing or very rarely may become cancerous. They can appear on any part of the body and by the time you reach adulthood, you could have around 10-40 moles, as per a study. With age, some of the moles disappear and few others change their color or may grow in size.
Professional Approach to Get Rid of Unwanted Moles Permanently
A mole is formed when a group of cells called melanocytes come together and grow in a cluster at a particular spot on the body. They may be flat or protruding. The different types are congenital moles (formed during birth) and acquired moles (which appear later in life). However, if the moles start getting painful, start itching or bleeding, increase rapidly in size, or if there is any asymmetry then it is advisable to consult a dermatologist.
Types of Moles
These moles are present at birth in one out of every 100 babies.
These are the most common sign of birthmark. They can be flat or dome-shaped.
These can vary in color like pink or brown and generally do not become cancerous.
These are the moles you develop later in life. These moles are brown and appear due to exposure to the sun. These are round in shape and do not change shape or size with age.
They can darken with age but don’t necessarily turn into melanoma.
Unlike the other moles, atypical moles are at a higher risk of becoming cancerous. Also, unlike the other moles, are larger with irregularly shaped borders. They are also called dysplastic moles and come in a variety of shades. The risk of an atypical mole becoming cancerous is about 1 in 100.
Not all moles are beautiful; removing them becomes necessary for aesthetic and health benefits. Mole removal at Keha Skin & Hair Clinic is outstanding because –
- Treatment is done only by the experienced dermatologists who have both skills and expertise to remove moles
- At Keha Skin & Hair Clinic, we offer customized mole removal treatment for every client
- Conveniently located state-of-the-art facilities with a peaceful and relaxed atmosphere
- A comprehensive consultation with the doctor and subsequently care and attention by the rigorously trained therapists
- Complete discreet, dignified, and confidential service by assigning individual consultation and service room to every client